Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Subtlety of My Short Film

Hey! My short film got into a film festival. Very cool. Anyhoo...
I was talking to a friend recently about my short film "Nick's Van." I know the title doesn't suggest a deeper story line, but I spoke about the ending a lot. Which is about conflict resolution. Redact that...inner conflict resolution.

A lot of us hold onto boxes we never open. In this case a letter. What could the story possibly be that wasn't a million things played over and over in your head. In the movie, the girl he picks up, a complete stranger realizes that nothing in her life or his own could re-write the crushing pain of loss. In her case, perhaps a lost sense of youth, in his a lost love. She gives him a choice after reading the letter for him to accept it. Subtle as it was, it was a moment for him to trust again. In essence, can he take people at their word. The message he'd been carrying around for the past 2 years summed up in a letter, and what could he possibly be accused of, or...whatever stories we tell ourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment