Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My Roommate With BPD

I'm not sure if I've related this story from way back. But it's odd that this topic would come up again. It involves a former roommate that suffered from post traumatic stress disorder AND borderline personality disorder. Here's the rub (sort of speak), she got BPD from PTSD. According to her, she was molested as a young girl. Common story for suffers of either.

This one was also of her calling the police on me for perceived notion that I was assaulting her. Which never happened. In fact the police came and told me to leave immediately...for my own safety. Bitch was nuts.

Now there's this other side of the coin where people believe BPD to be complete phony. And it's just an excuse for self-absorbed reckless behavior, since it's not necessarily considered a disease. Well, at least one insurance wants to pay for. It's basically telling these people to "knock it the fuck off, because you're annoying." My friend, the psychotherapist deals with this disorder. When I first asked her about my roommate, she really broke it down. Everything...the screaming, the accusations, the erratic mood swings. I honestly thought my roommate's head was going to spin on a pike. Like Linda Blair. Fuck, I was scared. So were the cops apparently. Later on I found out she also left the gas fireplace on, gassing up our apartment. Had there been a spark -- BOOOOM!

Fast forward, 5 years later and now I'm dealing with my friend's issue. She is BPD as well and a doctor. Here's the thing, from my research again...there are a LOT of BPD psychotherapist, which begs the question...the fuck gets anything done?

Anyway, I count myself lucky that I wasn't dragged into real issues. I think my friend understands that I have a long history with her family and respectfully hasn't tried anything funny. Nor have I indicated anything funny. That would've been a disaster all around. IF they truly suffer in their minds about being inadequate (which we all do) yes...some pity is warranted. But for the majority of people who stumble across these beautiful sexy monsters...they are scarred beyond repair. I still remember the insane devil face I saw that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment