Friday, June 2, 2017

No One Likes Me Because I'm Too Blunt

I hear this a lot from people who have very little friends. I use this excuse sometimes. Turns out you don't have to always say everything on your mind. You can respect your friend to lie to them. In fact, they probably would prefer it that way.

The books of manners in the past have indicated this. Be courteous without being phony. Put yourself in their position and so forth. The Asian community is AWFUL with this concept. Read my blog and you can see it. It's abrasive and annoying...sometimes. Sometimes, it's cathartic. Perhaps I do it here so I don't have to in public. I know there are people who have dropped out of my life because of these moments.

I recall a girl I'd hung out with a lot in college who has never forgiven me for crossing a line. I doubt she ever considers our relationship, which at the time was incredibly close. I think she has a more sensitive side than she lets on. Probably to shield a lot of personal historical pain.

I also realize a lot of people...well, they also tamp down all the bad stuff in themselves. Lashing out and being angry does no one any good and doesn't really make anyone like you. The entire attempt seems more trouble than its worth to someone who constantly believes they are compelled to tell you their real feelings. This is going to jeopardize your future.

I also hear a lot of women use this as an excuse as to why they are alone. It's strange because they understand why and refuse to change. So, it will take a special person to "get them."

No comments:

Post a Comment