Friday, June 9, 2017

Illegal Immigration

Immigration is cracking down on illegals in this country.
Look, I feel bad for the ones who have been here so long, but...there is also that part of me that constantly wonders what the issue of getting citizenship means. It's practically a no-brainer once you're past the 10 year mark. Exactly how long were people expecting this to last?

Illegal is illegal. If these rules were meant to be flexible, we'd not be labeling people as such. The term "undocumented" seem to be a soft landing for people taking from the system and not giving back. I don't hate my native country, but I can understand...say in the middle of the day, if I'd ever discover my own parents were arrested and deported, it'd be a shocking revelation. But, they've been here way over 30 years now. They understood the terms of their residency. Most Asians do. Or are desperate to. I know a few who married into it. Which is grossly crooked.

I'm not even sure how difficult it is nowadays to get citizenship. When I took the test, it was nothing. I think most Mexicans want to stay off the grid as much as possible. NOT to commit crimes but to live a easier life. Though, living in fear of deportation is it's own prison. Maybe it is a wakeup call to return home. IF you choose to make America your home, enjoy the rewards, but also pay into the kitty. Good people, you fellow countrymen would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment