Friday, June 16, 2017

Teenage Girls From Poolside

I went out to the pool today and a couple of teenage girls came out. It's been a while since I've been to high school, so...it was hard to tell. Girls look much older than they use to. One was a tall, big Black girl, the other a fit busty White girl. They giggled and talked about boys. They were loud. I think because I was around. I'm no Brad Pitt, but I see that a lot with teenage girls. The smell of any man makes them louder.

I sat like a fly on the wall though. Reading my book and casually observing this age group's banter. They are fun people. Smart, and can tell they are sweet. They seemed to be in the higher educated part of their school, but still lippy. One was talking about another boy's dick while the other giggled. Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

I'm not sure how I would handle the conversation of high school girls if I had been their age and been privy to their conversations. Most of it is banal. But a lot is still that bubbleheaded talk. The sound of having so little worry in the world. Life puts a cap on that sooner or later. Your voice becomes much more morose. Life experience takes the pep out of your squeaks.

Fun stuff to sit in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment