Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Old Friends

Who cares if I have bitches in headlights when I have badass bitches on my side!

I love calling my friend J.C. I've known her since college and...damn, she is an incredible calming presence. Always a dear dear friend. She has a daughter now which adds to her upfront chaos. That's neither here nor there though.
It's been a grimey day. SO I texted her up. She didn't answer but she called me back after that text went out.
THAT is a friend.
So she accepted me griping to her about this garbage that's been going on. All the sadness. The sickening sinking feeling in my gut. That I've been kicked out of the inner circle of art. She quietly listened and validated my panic. Of course I should be hurt and angry. I'm angry as I type this, because I'm no longer a part of the group I started.
But what meant a lot is that J.C. listened to me. That she actually listened. I've talked to a few friends now, and they seem to not process it all...even my own sister. But she was listening. Man...how lucky am I?

Guess I just need to start another group. Time to outdo these assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment