Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Borderline Personality Disorder

You would think the fact that I shot a BPD video would mean that I'd learn something. But I'm learning now. Which ties into all the drama that's been happening lately. The lack of appreciation and empathy. The saying things and doing something entirely different. I had no idea. Or I didn't care. Or choose to ignore.

People who are afflicted with BPD are really obnoxious. But it's not really their fault. It's a childhood trauma somewhere that manifests itself in some reckless seemingly narcissistic behavior. All of which has nothing to do with you. Or it kinda does. Only that the person hurting you doesn't care. Nor will ever understand because they truly lack empathy. She DID warn me about it, and well, should've listened. But neither here nor there, the research I've been doing lately have been eye opening. Mostly because most of us exhibit some of these traits. But they do it to the extreme.
There's something called "splitting" where you either really hate someone or really love someone and it fluctuates that wildly. Then you overcompensate for your own insecurities by having reckless life. Drugs and substance abuse. Feeling depressed, bored and worthless. To be around this hurricane is painful. Like they will never understand some of the turmoil they bring people.

But it's given me a deeper understanding of how to deal with it. Arms distance. From everything I've read so far, it's actually best to keep your distance. The more you show true genuine care and affection, the worse they find ways to destroy them.

What an absolute shame. An expensive vase with an irreparable crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment