Friday, June 9, 2017

Charlize Theron

 My ex-girlfriend in college hated it when I referred to her looking like Charlize Theron. She didn't necessarily. But had similar teutonic features. Icy blonde with steel grey eyes. I remember living in a one bedroom on Main Street and telling her that one day I may even cross paths with Ms. Theron. I had a massive thing for her. Born in the same year even. Maybe it was the cold icy blondes like Alfred Hitchcock loved. Becky (my ex) would roll her eyes at me, "yeah, right, keep dreamin'"

Imagine my surprise when I was walking home from a friend's screening who should be shooting hoops outside "Jimmy Kimmel Live" but...
It didn't hit me first. As I first thought it was Naomi Watts. She looked, different. Smaller. But when she turned and looked directly at me, I waved, and she nodded back. I had a fleeting moment. As if she was telling me (20 years later) that these things do happen. It was odd, since what really got to me was I couldn't gloat about it. That a part of my youth sprung back to life and patted me on the back and said..."go ahead and keep dreaming out loud." She disappeared back into the theater after trying to shoot a few baskets.


No one looks like they do in real life. By the way. A part of me had closed a little bit of my youthful days. Thanks Charlize!



No comments:

Post a Comment