Saturday, June 3, 2017

Bill Maher Using The N-Word

It's always strange when White folk say Black people use the n-word why can't we. Until they stop, some White folk refuse to not use it. I'm not sure the reason, only that I know it's wrong logic to use. I suppose it's as a term of endearment.
For instance I would never call a complete stranger "mah bitch." Have you ever noticed that random Black people acknowledge each other. As do Asians.

I'm also not sure why Blacks would latch onto a word that is deep seeded in such hatred. Maybe it's to laugh off the awful nature of the word. I've had Black friends call me it. They meant zero disrespect. In fact, in my mind it made me feel like I belonged. In Maher's case it's to jokingly use the word to say he wasn't some domesticated house n-word.

I hate the word. The more I hear it. Whomever says it. Though I've been known to say it in frustration. It sucks. Paula Deen got busted for it a few years back. Admitting to something everyone has said or heard at some point. I feel bad for her now. Because it's clearly out of context.

Should he be fired for using such a vile word? He probably will be suspended or he'll have to give up some dough. Or something. I don't think he should be fired, though the same people Maher is sick and tired of defending are the same that are causing him the most grief. I think it's unfair to believe Maher is a racist. Because we know he isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment