Tuesday, June 13, 2017

And Then...It Was Over...

A simple text. No massive gratitude for me personally. A form letter text to inform me of results of how the film did. Silence. After the amount of time and effort I put in with no money...and legwork left unmentioned (it was a lot) to drag her project to the end, as I was the last man standing...just a form letter given to probably a handful of people. None of which had the years of which I've known her.

To me, that speaks volume. Of character. I professed true and utter faith in her and her projects to be simply another face in the crowd. Is it overreaction? Most likely. But also relief. That I am no longer obligated to this. That I can move on with things I put off for a while. The rope burns on my hands will fade. Tugging a boatload of people is hard work. Thankless work.
I'm simply glad if one person is effected by the movie. That it helps a broken woman who has been injured by life. In essence it's up to her now. Her name is to credit or blame. And, in some sense, has become what we all eventually become. Falling to the project before humanity. That is a lesson learned. For that I am deeply proud and somewhat disheartened. Most of us don't come back. Passion, drive, and ambition blinds you to humanity. We all become just a stepping stone to need.
How absolutely Shakesperean.

No comments:

Post a Comment