Tuesday, June 20, 2017

It's In The Voice

A woman's voice never lies. Especially when it's silence. And it's cruel. I heard the same years ago about the time I confronted an ex-girlfriend about finding another guy. She was quiet. And as if it were merciful to me, told me the truth. Crushing ...as I'm sure she was waiting for her entire heart to heal. Most recently, it was interesting to hear from someone I only have platonic love for.

Emotional infidelity exists. It's always the newness of things. My friend is married but carries on an infatuation with another man. I can hear it. It's not the words. And every disparing word I lavish on the guy, you can also hear the interest piqued. Because she's much more interested in the detail and dirt over our situation. Or for us to repair kinship.

Is it worth salvaging? A car wreck with an engine still has body work go be done. But let's think about that...what we have is a superficial fix to a major problem later.
My guess...she's preparing her heart for the let down, abandonment, rejection.
People who are broken are attracted to broken people. Bad decisions, shame and repeat. I have to find a way out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment