Monday, May 22, 2017

Ulrikke Louis Lahn Hoyer: Fat Model

...for a handbag?
I thought that was all Louis Vuitton made. No?
From her Facebook page...


"Just before 12am my fitting got rescheduled to an unknown time later that day. It didn’t happen because at 7pm my mother agent from Denmark called my to tell the sad news that Louis Vuitton had chosen to cancel me from the show without the refitting and that I was going to be sent back home. Not only did I have a belly, my face was puffy now also my back was a problem, they now thought that I fitted the dress on my back differently than in Paris… (also saw this on an email at my agency when I came back) I didn’t know whether I should cry or laugh.

I went to dinner with the others models and consciously put my back to the room as I would not be confronted with the people who had just humiliated me on the most ridiculous and unfair basis – I had only done what I’ve been told. 3 hours later I was on a plane going back home.

What should have been a truly amazing and unique experience ended up being a very humiliating experience.

If it was just because they canceled my look (as I didn’t see it on the catwalk) then why the need of harassing me.. saying/writing these things to my agents. Such lack of respect and decency have let me to decide that I will never work under such conditions again."



Here's an idea, do something else with your life.
I imagine the modeling world is similar to the filmmaking world. Which people are just stupid retarded haters. She isn't too fat for modeling, though she is made to feel so because they said so. Well, the unfortunate thing...you got to move on. I suppose it comes down to trying so hard to get the gig, and losing the gig and then shitting on the people giving the gig. I'm with you...I hate them too, and hate them FOR you. But that's the shit-ass business we chose. The problem in this case is...you DO care. And now they know it. BUT...there are other people who will accept you and that's what you have to keep reminding yourself. As best you can. It's a cruel cruel world.

No comments:

Post a Comment