Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Brad Pitt Sober

For the past 6 months anyway.

"I can't remember a day since I got out of college where I wasn't boozing or had a spliff, or something," the actor says in a candid new interview with GQ, revealing that he's been sober for the last six months.

"You realize that a lot of it is, um- cigarettes, you know, pacifiers," he adds. "And I'm running from feelings. I'm really, really happy to be done with all of that. I mean, I stopped everything except boozing when I started my family. But even this last year, you know - things I wasn't dealing with. I was boozing too much. It's just become a problem. And I'm really happy it's been half a year now, which is bittersweet."
The 53-year-old actor says that "truthfully, I could drink a Russian under the table with his own vodka. I was a professional. I was good." But he's since replaced alcohol with "cranberry juice and fizzy water.

I knew he was a boozer. Boozers can tell other boozers. But it must be really hard to admit to the public that you have these issues. Especially because he is so successful. But pain is deeper and you feel much less alone when you know it can also befall the "sexiest man alive." No one can accept the entire truth of purpose. What we were meant to do. And what we mean to people. I suppose you could say his loss of family may be a reason to sober up. It's terrible and I'm sure we're going to eventually learn darker things about his past history. Something that this industry preys on. The darker angrier most painful life experiences tend to translate to making sure entertainment is the forefront. To dull a pain that most can't describe. The dissatisfaction of success, and sometimes the bitter rejection of failure.

It occurs at any age, just be prepared for it all. We will have much pain. And if you happen to be a celebrity, most will mock it.

No comments:

Post a Comment