Saturday, May 27, 2017

Resentment And Bitterness

I've got to go complete a project today with a dude who I know hates the project he was involved in and a woman who is unaware as to how to make things less awkward. They have an odd personal relationship going that I'm certain I don't want to pry into.

It seems the younger generation have the ability to let go of weirdness. Or have spent way too much time around confrontation. Parents being the ones who teach them at an early age. I'm excited for this project to be done. Honestly, don't even know why I would be going. The director didn't tell me about it and it's pretty much finished. I'm more like the third wheel. Or that the other two just don't want to be awkward around each other. I fucking don't know anymore. Which is strange. Really shouldn't think this far into it when it's just trying to make a stupid fucking project. NOT that the project is stupid, just the drama behind it.

To be honest, these two have ruined the experience for me and I just wish I would just go back to making my own movies where I don't have to tip-toe over other people's bullshit. Yes, bull-fucking-shit. Because this is typical Hollywood garbage. Robert Evans wrote an entire book on personality clashes and angry personal crap between creative types. Back then, people didn't really justify the out of control, unable to control behavior. Now, we realize it's a slew of medication, with disorders plus mommy/daddy issues. Fuck dude, why can't we just make movies.

I don't rely on anyone...really to deal with the movies I want to make. I rely on actors showing up. I rely on crew availability. But there is a hierarchy everyone understands. And more experience alleviates all the fucking drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment