Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Roger Moore, Dead at 89

I guess that leaves Sean Connery and George Lazenby from the pre-rapey Bond years.

I LOVE Roger Moore's James Bond 007. I have no idea why other than he seemed much more...laid back and humorous. Which had a lot to do with Moore's hatred of murder. His Bonds were always apt to shoot someone with rock salt or kick them in the read end, Benny Hill style. Or adjust his tie whilst he flew dangerously in a glider or...pat a bald head while he tossed a villain into a smoke stack. These types of things were endearing in the now far off 80's.

I also read his biography. Which I found interesting how he struggled as an actor. You would think one really tall and debonair would rise above. No...he was told his chin was too weird looking and eyes too narrow. Can you imagine?

Anyway, he also tossed around with one of my favorite Bond girls Tanya Roberts. She is a terrible actress but man, she had great cans, legs and eyes.

What a great life.

No comments:

Post a Comment