Monday, May 22, 2017

"Alien: Covenant" (2017)


Fuck you Rotten Tomatoes. Your algorithm for scoring this as Certified Fresh based on reviewers culled over the internet is FUCKED!
This movie is a burning trash pile.


Sorry to break it to you, but I sincerely believe Ridley Scott hates your bloody guts.
I don’t think you could possibly find a bigger Scott fan than me circa 1989 on. I recall riding my bike to Deer Park in Cincinnati and going to a video store to buy a VHS copy of “Black Rain.” I loved his style. His slick commercial look was just so elegant. How in God’s name did he turn in a piece of flaming garbage like “Alien: Convenant.”
It is a retread of “Alien” so I won’t need to update you on the plot. It is identical. Seriously. The other thing…he crams in artificial intelligence of…”Blade Runner” and just for kicks…some “Friday the 13th.”
Okay folks here’s how dumb this crew is, the stop the fucking movie AFTER an alien kills a crew member to…explain the (sarcasm) android who works for corporation flipped on you scenario. Really…it’s this dumb. Danny McBride plays a guy named Tennessee…perhaps an homage to Dallas from the first one.
What the fuck does Ridley Scott have to do for you suckasses to realize he fucking hates you as an audience. He has lost it. This isn’t the movies I recall seeing as a kid. Or as an adult. It is an ugly, mean piece of sloppy garbage which is cruel to humanity. How else do you explain cutting to the same severed head shot four times (yes, I counted).
This movie is a big fat turd to fans of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment