Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day, Bitches!

I love people posting photos with their Moms. Super cute that we all love our mothers. You give them flowers, a bubble bath...then the rest of the year...they're bitches. Okay, so...I mean...they bitch at you. My Moms never cared for this day. Because Taiwan never celebrated it until recently. Though, her logic was sound: Mother's Day is every day.

Right.

I'm not entirely sure why people have to rep it on social media. It usually begins with "...to the best Mom ever..." everyone says that (I don't, my Mom was lousy, and probably gave up at some point). It also seems so phony. You probably got into more battles than laughs. This country is super sentimental. And that's cool. I am too.

My appreciation for my Mom is pretty much this...I don't need a woman to make me happy ( as in, the first woman I had a relationship with made me miserable..cough...mom). But I'm very thankful for the irreverant humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment