Friday, May 12, 2017

Michelle Obama and Her School Lunches

When I was a kid, my folks would make me gourmet Chinese food. Aaaaand, of course, I'd complain. I don't want shrimp in lobster sauce, I'll trade for the PB&J.

There was a generation of kids who weren't allergic to anything. AND, would even go as far as to dare others to eat or drink a sluice of school lunch crap aimed at...well, laughs.

Michelle Obama wants school lunches to be healthier. Awesome. I want Kate Upton to sit on my face. Now...where do we divert this? Oh right, there isn't fuckin' money...apparently. Where do we get the money? I got an idea, TAX THE FUCK OUT OF JUNK FOOD. We see it, we know it, and we blindly eat it. So, why do we choke out cigarettes with taxes and booze, whilst Frito-Lay gets a pass. Fuck, I WILL STILL pay a dollar extra to get my cheese puff fix. Does that mean other people will stop. Most likely not. Because it IS convenient. But so is a boiled egg (which I eat as well). The truth is, you can't force schools to regulate what is considered a "healthy meal" for kids. That is really up to the parent. Which I'm always surprise the crap my niece eats. It's sugar on top of salt, on top of...?

A balance meal isn't chicken nuggets, sis.

I like her focus, but it's really the last thing on the plate (pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment