Monday, May 1, 2017

Preventable Civil War

Per Trump:
"Had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart," Trump said. "He was a swashbuckler."

"People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

I thought swashbucklin' was associate with pirates.

I'm not sure how you ever prevent war. Especially if it's between your own people for...I dunno...states rights to own people. I think if I were back then, it would take a lot to convince me that I couldn't use free help...uh...forcibly. And I don't think people are THAT progressed in their animalistic brain to deny that. I have two Latina women who clean my place at double what they usually make. Would I think twice if they did it for free? Well, yeah...I would because I was raised with service oriented worker bee parents. But free is free. Actually, it's still not free. You have to clothe and feed people. Same as having food on free movie shoots. IF I were a slave-owner, I'd give them a plot of land and have them grow their own food. Then eventually break off a piece to them and they would like me and not want to revolt. I would think that arrangement may have existed, but that makes for a VERY boring movie.
"Hey massa, what you givin' me land for?"
"Because I want you to grow your own crops and live comfortably and raise a family"
"That don't sound right...but I'll take it"
"Fine. As long as you grow that food for yourself. I'll give you whatever you need to maintain but...it'd be your responsibility."

What a relationship that would be.

And I don't think there'd be a Civil War. If we were just...naturally kind and understanding to each others' needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment