Sunday, May 28, 2017

Portland Man Kills Two Guys Defending Muslim Women

A Portland man on subway was screaming bigoted shit against two women riding subway. One a Black lady the other in a hijab. Three good samaritans stepped in and the guy killed two of them.

When crazy people start ranting..what good is it to reason with the guy? These guys are now labeled heroes. Which...I think that word is thrown around a LOT. If I adopt a dog, people would call me a hero. If I pushed a kid off the street I'd be a hero. If i gave dough to a homeless man, I'd be a hero. These guys  yakked at a crazy nut assuming he wasn't armed and most likely were about to celebrate their self-righteousnes when nutbomb killed them. Hero? Not quite. Lack of street smarts and this ability to build a bubble around oneself that believes it's bulletproof. It's easy now for us to label them this because it does make us feel better of our own wretchedness. Would we have done it? Should we have done it? We hide behind hindsight.

They aren't heroes. Misfortunate do-gooders. Which I applaud them. However, given the outcome, I would believe their loved ones would trade a few harsh words for their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment