Friday, April 28, 2017

Prenuptial Agreements

There's nothing sexy like facing the end of a relationship that hasn't even started.

When money is involved everyone gets real fast. Unless you're young. I seriously discussed marriage when I was 22 years old. Which is the new 13. But back in 1998, it was pretty obvious you married out of college.

In that discussion I'd mentioned a pre-nup. To a traditional girl it looked like I'd put up a cross in front of Dracula.

"Oh no..no..no...that's not happening. You think it won't last?"

That wasn't what I was implying but...it also does passively call her a golddigger. I didn't care at the time. I'm sure OJ got real bent when Nicole was spending his money taking out her boyfriends. That's the stuff that makes insane people. I simply felt that she wanted to lay out the ground work of who needs to walk away with what (A lot of dignity). But when you're in love you never consider the practicality of things. Nor do you ever justify how vindictive you can get. Most people in love overlook when love goes wrong because it is REALLY hard to face up to the fact that we are all capable of dumb stuff. Chopping cars in half so the other half doesn't get it.

Women can find ways to mentally debilitate you, men find ways to financially do so. So women will go to that level to do so.

I'm not saying it will happen. Most marriages I know HAVE lasted (surprisingly). Though...I'm sure their social media announcements of love are far different than the truth. No one is truly 100% happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment