Monday, April 3, 2017

Girls...See It Like A Casting Call

I have a co-worker who is in his early 30's. A egghead data wrangler. As much personality as wallpaper (do they still have this shit?)

He was infatuated with a girl. And has been cyberstalking her. To which he calls "social engineering" I was like "say what?!" Well, in his psycho mind, he justifies his bad behavior by chalking it up to getting information through other means. "Yeah, cyberstalking." Nope. This was getting a text sent to a friend who showed him said text.

Okay, concrete-for-brains here's the deal...
Women, when they reject you will never come around. I have never heard this happening in any capacity ONCE you have some contact with them. Ever. That doesn't mean on-again-off-again relationships. There is history. I'm talking friend-zone shit or worse, NEVER-BEEN shit.

He is pining over a chick who thinks he's a nutcase and has blocked him. So he's bumming around our office over this chick.

To which I gave him a metaphor (yeah...me, of all people). I told him...
When I use to cast actors for my movies, I had two types of people. People who appreciated me calling to tell them why they didn't get the role and ones that hated it when you called them to tell them the reason. Why? If you never call them, there are unlimited reasons as to why. If you do call them, they only have one reason and you now know it, and are sicken that it only took something really insignificant to get over that hump. And beg, plead and cry that they need another chance to do it right. Or are convinced they are right. Even though in my mind, I've moved on and found someone.

In other words, you can make anything up to suit your rejection.

This was met with a blank stare. The robot doesn't understand this and wants the truth. Well...he did get the truth through "social engineering." And guess what?...
... he doesn't believe it.

I'm not entirely sure how much more of a truth you need then straight from the source. But he fell into the trap. He can change for her.

I've known this and been that. And I feel for the guy. It's an awful place to be. And nothing, including plenty of fish in the sea speech, will ever convince this person they are nutty.

So please, save yourselves the indignity and pain and just let shit like this go. Make up your own reason as to why and you will move on with life quicker. I mean, the important stuff (again, trust me, I wasted too much time on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment