Sunday, April 16, 2017

Breaking My Own Rules

I made the ultra-dumb mistake of inviting a friend onto a film set to help. I didn't want him there since he sometimes sulks. He thinks everything is above him. But he's also a lonely dude who probably just wants to be around people. Not a great start. He also suffers from mental illness which requires medication but also is a heavy drinker.

He left towards the end of the shoot through a driving service clearly pissed it wasn't a shoot shoot. Which I warned about. I think he just thought we would shoot out film segment and leave. Unprofessional leaving me to pack it all up. I'm never inviting him on another shoot, and quite frankly I'm sure he's happy with it. But when you start to get excluded...good project or bad...you have only yourself to blame.

In this case, I can sense the useleness at a certain point. He sits and doesn't pick anything up or help move or ask of he can help. Big fucking waste of space. This sends a messagr his time here is over. So what does that feel like? Me being rushed so I can get him the fuck out of there. Good, bad...we''re on a different world now...a free whomever we can get world. As I've written before a person wbo thinks they are doing you a favot has to be dropped. They are poison to crew. Fortunately, this was someone's project who didn't see it. I've had a previous conversation about him being a lump on production. I know he fights through boredom of withdrawal or something. I've been through alcohol withdrawal on set and have been the same way...so I completely understand and forgive. I've learned my lesson now. And it's not a bad thing. We just move on.

He mostly went drinking once he left that shoot. To which I've been there too. It's a sign of precious weekend time to get blitzed. Ironically spending off time to waste time.

Life is really short once you last 40. Seriously, it moves really really fast. Don't spend the back half at rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment