Saturday, April 29, 2017

Celebrity Youngin' Now Oldens

2002 was a massive year where I hung out with young Hollywood. That will never come back because of the way media is circulated now. Back then...it was a great time. I went to Adam Brody's birthday party, shot short films with Guess models and boyfriends of Hilary Duff...back then. Everyone grew up. Some became nutty others went back home. There was always a small bit of sucess for us all. Had I not been blasted drunk and had my job I had now, the sky was the limit as to where my career would've been. I'm not regretful of those moments only that I'm really happy now that I'm moving at a nice pace.

Back then...we had so much energy. Nothing prevented me from making so much stuff. When I moved to Sherman Oaks...I think the misery of missing a girl followed. The first year at that Sherman Oaks apartment was a blur. I lived with my friend who I came out to L.A. with from Ohio and a screenwriting student I met in film school. I scraped every bit of money I had to survive. And ashamed to say I was bailed out by my folks a few times. This was for a while. Getting a decent job in L.A. is tough at that age. You really did have to know someone. But I was in graduate school and it was a very tiny window of cushion for inevitably would be paying for my life.

I have such sympathy for anyone who moves out here that has no such safety net. I try to prevent most people to come out here because it's gruesome. The only place people can afford now is in a bad neighborhood and you aren't going to be saving any money for a very long time.

The reason you see so many young people living the life you want to live in the media is because they are funded by someone. A 20+ year old kid's real sense of revenue isn't what you think it is. And if it were they hustled like you wouldn't believe.
They are an anomaly and not the norm. I could tell you all the ones who got out never to return, but that isn't the story this business wants you to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment