Friday, April 21, 2017

#Perquita Burgess

This is the woman who accused Bill O'Reilly of sexual harassment:
From her...
“I’m just sitting there minding my business and he walks past and says, ‘Hey, Hot Chocolate.’ But he didn’t look at me when he said it. And I didn’t respond. I was mortified because not only was it sexual, I took that as a very plantation remark,” Burgess said of one incident.

I don't know which plantation she thinks she heard that from. Like maybe a movie or t.v. show somewhere but I really doubt it hurt her like that. When I hear "Chinaman" I don't think of a comment from the Japanese internment camp.

Burgess is a temp worker who didn't want to rock the boat for her temp agency's relationship with Fox. So she kept most of this mum. Which I really respect. Not because she didn't feel it to be inappropriate to herself and would cause others in the future to feel similar. Because she understood that it was a business. I know that sounds patronizing, but it really is hard to know what people know and don't know these days. In truth, I hardly know any shit.

I actually believe her when she says O'Reilly said these things. His stupid face looks like it would say something dumb thinking it was a joke. Old white rich guys say this dumb shit a lot. Which is a backlash from dumb black poor folk saying dumb shit too. We all say dumb shit, just don't do it at work.

This is a case of he said, she said...but as a media behemoth...Fox gotta can that corporate shit or they will lose sponsors. Too bad...being at the mercy of detergent and tampons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment