Monday, January 15, 2018

Real True Lies

In 1994 I was 19 and saw the movie "True Lies" and was blown away by...everything. There was a teenage girl in that movie by the name of Eliza Dushku. Honestly, she seemed plain to me.
Years later...not so much. She gussied up into a REAL hot woman.
Years ago, Dushku finally came out and told her agent and a few people that she was raped by stunt coordinator Joel Kramer. It's most likely this man will be vilified and destroyed within the business. And that's great. I have no doubt she isn't speaking the truth.

As a stunt coordinator, I also have no doubts this man must've threatened her life. Since accidents occur on set. At 12 years of age, you know this man can hurt people and is pain resilient. It's heartbreaking because you also know James Cameron, with his reputation must've come off as someone who doesn't like boats being rocked (unless it was the Titanic).

It says a lot about her to have continued in the movie industry. I'm not sure what you can describe it as, but the adrenaline of fame? Or the constant need of approval? I'm not sure. Personally, after this encounter, you'd think she'd find a better way to function. Which is where I think we get these broken people from. They're not shattered when they arrive, they are made this way

Joel Kramer's response to the allegations:
"Early this morning Eliza Dushku made a accusation against me on her Facebook page.  This statement by Ms. Dushku has devastated my family and me.  These accusations are entirely untrue.  While filming 'True Lies' I treated Ms. Dushku with respect and was protective of her safety and welfare as is appropriate to my position as a stunt coordinator. A film crew is like a family, and Eliza was always treated and protected as a member of the family. I never behaved in any way inappropriately with her. I was never in a position where I was alone with her and even while working with her on set her female stunt double was always there to help her into her harness, offer support and ensure her well being. While it is true that Ms. Dushku did come swimming with several of the stunt crew at our hotel and afterwards had sushi with us, again we were not alone and I did not “Lure her to my hotel room.” We as a “family” were including Ms. Dushku in our group to make her feel welcome and included. These allegations are a well-crafted fabrication by Ms. Dushku. I do not understand what motivated Ms. Dushku to make this statement and I hope that she can find it in her conscious to correct this injustice and return my good name to me. I understand the culture in Hollywood has been historically unfair to women and I applaud and support women who are standing up and pointing out these injustices. It is unfortunate, however that this new culture allows a person to destroy the life and livelihood of a person with false accusations. This false accusation has subjected my family and me to death treats and will devastate my livelihood even when proven to be false. In truth, innocence in fact is not enough to clear a person’s name in the minds on the world. This action can also only undermine the suffering of women who have had to deal with unjust treatment."

No comments:

Post a Comment