Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Years Ya Filthy Yontzes!

I ended this year with the most money I've ever earned. It's not anything I had anticipated from 2017, but it was wild to know I can scratch out the dough when I really need to. But it all goes into my film projects. Because it makes me happy to do these projects. Though....obviously, people outside still know this is a business and I have to act accordingly.
I think I'm a little disappointed in myself only because I wanted to do more. Wanting and getting are different things.

But a few highlights I had were that I met a co-writer/conspirator in Grace. As her name indicates, she saved a lot of the scripts I had with this project without integrating her own self into it. I'm not sure where she came from (I met her on a dating site) in terms of writing-wise, but man...what a talent she is. A little prose heavy in screenplays but she sets the mood. Having someone to bounce ideas with is...liberating. We have a bit of contention here and there, but it's never the type I think Billy Wilder had with his writers. Grace is a true collaborator.
"The Valley" series continues!
Yes, if I can figure out what is causing my dizzy spells and loss of equilibrium (multiple doctors have tested me extensively and found nothing wrong) I can get back into the scripts I'm desperate to film. The ones I have now...wow. Watching them again, it's surprising what we were able to do with so little. I've definitely got my money's worth. And more friends that shoot on film have reached out. We have virtually come together to form a social club that happens to shoot film. I don't mean to sound corny, but I no longer need the Director's Guild or the American Society of Cinematographers to validate me. I have the infrastructure that I always wanted...friends of film.

Suppose I should lay out what I want to do in 2018. Be honest, I want to finish my feature script (which I've taken the time to write more...60 pages so far). And I want to help more people make movies on film. It's so funny, the older you get, the slower you see the process of change. Things move at iceberg pace, which as a youngster is aggravating, as a man in his 40's...liberating.
I hope you all have a great 2018 with more happy days then sad ones. You all deserve it. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment