Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2017 College Football Championship Game

God it was great to see Oklahoma lose to Georgia...man that was great. Quarterback Baker Mayfield is annoying as shit. And when they scored a TD in double overtime...well, it may be Georgia Bulldog's legend. But that will probably end because they face the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Though I have mixed feelings about Nick Saban, I think he puts together a solid team year after year. And I know no one wants to give Georgia a chance. The Tide's been there and done that, and...it's probably going to be brutal for them, and sealing Nick Saban's legacy in college football.
What is also interesting is that it is the battle of the South. A good ol' fashion civil war, sort of speak. Both S.E.C. teams, both so very close in location to one another. We're talking about houses divide. You know something...I LOVE that. Think about the garbage games from past Ohio State v. Oregon. As a Buckeye fan myself, I barely watched. I had to look for the conflict there. Oregon being in the Pac-12 meant they are part of U.S.C. which I hate (rich fucks). But even that wasn't enough to make me care. The game really was the one before...against Alabama and Saban. But I wasn't even invested in that. Other than to stick it to my Alabama friends. Look, Saban and Urban Meyer are cut from the same coach cloth. Both recruit from the same pool. Both have put monsters in the NFL.

I also wonder the other matchups. Clemson v. Alabama. Would anyone watch that? Still south against south, but..yeah, that would've been interesting too. Both live on speed and Dabo Swiney is as fiery as Saban. Oklahoma v. Alabama? This would be my least favorable matchups other to enjoy watching Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield get stomped on. There's no way that Okie front line can deal with Alabama's (54-48 was the score against Georgia).

So, I'm actually stoked to see how this match-up turns out.
Just so you know...
University of Central Florida is the only team undefeated, and they beat Auburn in their bowl game. Watching their game is like watching Tecmo Bowl. They score like arena football. UCF v. Alabama? C'mon...who wouldn't want to see that!

No comments:

Post a Comment