Monday, January 15, 2018

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I didn't get the day off, so fuck you, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I kid...I kid.
The guy was all about peaceful protest. That, by holding your breath as a child and making racist Whites see they've hurt you, change happens. This is also the teaching of Ghandi. Non-violent civil disobedience.

According to all the guilt-ridden ugly movies about the 1960's, it was so gruesome with race fights we couldn't go outside without something bad happening. I think about this now. Especially me dodging fucking transexuals and cross-dressing freaks. Imagine if they actually had a purpose to attack me. I went to the corner 7-11 and a homeless nutjob Black guy was sitting on the ramp drinking a can of Tecate celebrating MLK, Jr. Day. The people of Van Nuys, California set off fireworks to celebrate...seriously. To celebrate a guy who was shot to death...with gunpowder and shit. Van Nuys have really stupid fucking people (present company excluded).

I hope you guys were able to relax today. If you're Black, maybe a time to reflect on a man who did so much to bring civil rights to the forefront of change. If you're White, maybe don't feel so guilt ridden and have a slice of cake. Me, as an Asian...I couldn't give a fuck either way. His speech probably included me, but no one in this society gives a 40 year old man any pass regardless of inspiring words.

No comments:

Post a Comment