Monday, January 15, 2018

Dolores O'Riordan

Lead singer Dolores O'Riordan died mysteriously at the age of 46. Okay, here's what's gonna really make news...it was from painkillers and the rest of us will have to listen to the lecture, because someone important died of addiction.
Not to smear the dead, because this really isn't about her, but women and painkillers.
There have been a few women I've met who have complained of mysterious pain. Joint stuff. Which...it's most likely true, but a lot has to do with withdrawal. That shit will keep you buried in never ending pill popping. Which leads to depression, which leads to a toxic mix...eventually.

I imagine if you're a superstar musician, very few people speak up about it. I had little clue Chris Cornell was even in some spiral of addiction. That one slip also killed director Tony Scott. I really believe...be careful about what you wish for. I know there is a lot of us who live to create things from our minds. I sometimes think depression (which leads to addiction) is as a result of lack of contentment. As I sit in my 700 square foot apartment, I'm actually okay with being in my space (much more than I require) and make up my stories to film. I think when you get to level of success it seems most people wonder if there is any other purpose in life. There is...but that's different for everyone. I think most of us striving for the next thing should be glad we don't suffer greatly from a plateau and always have that which we can turn to when things are rough. It's not to say that is what her issue was, but it's been said she suffered from mental illness as well. I just don't want to be the receiving end of the lecture as to why drugs are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment