Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

People always ask.."what are you thankful for?"
Health and friendship goes a long way.
Grateful for everything I have in life. Surprising as a teen feeling cursed. I guess you don't really see the blessings until you move past your own bullshit.
The origin of this is that as the pilgrims were suffering through lack of farming skills or survival skills, Indians came out of the forest in their loin clothes and offered mysterious vegetables which we call corn. To which...centuries later (due to corn syrup)...led to diabetes killing all the honkies who gave them disease riddled blankets. That's true friendship.
But we're not going to overlook this long term genocide of the Whites at the hands of Indians to celebrate a gathering of...massive eating.

I'm not sure how other families will be celebrating this Thanksgiving. I can only imagine...sitting down and arguing about everything. Or sharing embarrassing stories. Or husbands seeing whose wife has the bigger knockers. I never had this John Hughes get together. But I did spend it with a family who I am still close friends with today. Great food, great conversation and...good fun.

Ohioians love a Thanksgiving setting. We are Indian territory. Growing up Thanksgiving meant a lot. As it still should. They are generous year in and year out. So the celebration was just to drink and be happy. I miss those days. Happy Thanksgiving all.

No comments:

Post a Comment