Saturday, November 18, 2017

"Justice League" (2017)

I must be really out of touch because I really liked this movie. Through awful computer generated world building and looking past Ben Affleck's rapey face and the two douchebag Mexicans sitting next to me who couldn't stop yapping the entire movie, it is just...fun. I'm certain in a few months when I watch this again, it won't hold up. Mostly because I won't have these two Mexicans and partially because audience participation is a lot of it.
If you saw "Batman v. Superman" you know Superman eats it. So...in this one they have to fight the bringing together of three power boxes that open a portal to Steppenwolf's power thus ending the world. A lot of questions here. Including the fact that the guy seems to be doing fine without the box. Except, he has to deal with a formed league that felt triggered by some cosmic rumble..fine. Whatever. What I sense is the comraderie. Considering Jason Mamoa who plays Aquaman essentially grabs the thug with a sense of humor that had Ice Cube been more ripped...
So they gather to collect these relics of world destruction. At the same time...bring back an old friend to help.
It's silly and off but still enjoyable. Perhaps it's the callbacks of tunes from the source films. Or the nostalgia I feel for the team. Though, the original Justice League seemed to be a little more...present. These guys do a great job falling into place. Much love to Gal Gadot. Whose presence always jolts me with unsavory thoughts. A woman who is incredibly feminine and looks like she can beat ass. Her sweetness is her thing. That's that rah rah America feel that goes missing since movies cater to the world. Still...a fun watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment