Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Dailies


I sincerely feel bad for people who will never get film dailies. That's film processed then scanned, then colored...it's high art. Film is beautiful.
Media has absolutely turned into commerce. It's how much you can do for as little as possible. And quickly. Craft is dead. And they want it then and there. Also, too many youngsters also don't seem to care about what it took to get there. Hell, even on this set, I hear the tones of a new digital camera that just arrived at my old college (my cinematographer is an alumni as well). I almost cried. No longer was it joy for FILM! But for digital.

Appreciation of filmed art goes by way of...convenience? Economics?
The other day, I did almost deck a proprietor of an expendable store over his assertion of facts that weren't true in regards to film. Yeah, I got heated enough I wanted to school this asshat. Instead, we parted as friendly combatants. The guy's an loudmouth idiot (like yours truly). So it was fun.

Anyway, I hope one day you do get to shoot on this precious beautiful medium. As a friend once said "filmed dailies is like Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment