Thursday, November 2, 2017

Brett Ratner

As predicted, Brett Ratner is getting the accusations slung at him now.
The guy is pretty sleazy, having had a run-in with him to which I shouldn't post here, due to him now suing people for libel and...defamation of character. Even though my personal feeling towards him is that he did do all the things rumored to have done. Just my belief. He builds a boy's club with children.
Ratner is pretty much everything we went into movies for. The guy got a donation from Steven Spielberg to finish a movie he did decades ago. And I've scanned a bunch of his projects. The guy is sleazy. But to be fair, not any more than anyone else I've seen at my previous office. Sans Tim Burton. Burton is the least sleazy ever. If someone told me he pawed an actress, I'd have them committed. The dude is a uber-nerd (like me) about movies and animation.
So it goes without saying, this industry is scummy with sleaze. Which I joke about.
It's painful, though when I show my short films to guys around here (dumb fucking bro's) and their reaction is always "Did you fuck her?"
This question aggravates me more than anything. As if the inside joke to this business is hiring actresses just to fuck them. It also is insulting that the idiot watching paid zero attention to the actual craft or story. Just that. I grip a chair so I don't punch people out.

Making movies, along with writing and creating is so important to me because I have no real other outlet to express...emotion. I guess this blog could count. But people hate reading. So, I value that over any actress I would cast just to fuck them. I assume Brett Ratner lost sight of that a LONG time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment