Monday, November 20, 2017

Protect Your Liver

My friend's wife passed away at the age of 40 when her liver enlarged and she basically died of poisoning. If you drank a lot, your cleaning system will eventually shut down and the waste has nowhere to go except back into your blood system. A guy at the gym told me his childhood friend was in the hospital on dialysis where they told him his kidney and liver failure gave him hours to live. David Cassidy, heartthrob, has organ failure due to his alcoholism.

Booze is tough. Again, I still feel residual effects of hard drinking. But someone once told me...it doesn't matter who you are, how you react to booze is different for everyone. Some survive decades of hard drinking, others...a few rough nights will put them down.

I think the best bet is to clean yourself from the possibilities of poisoning. Life is already full of peril, live it to the best of your conscious abilities.
The very odd thing about this all...having spoken to my friend for hours on end...he gave no indication she was struggling with booze. It's a silent killer. Suck up your pride and seek help if you suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment