Saturday, November 25, 2017

Black Friday Microwave Hunt

I went driving around looking for a place to dump my old microwave that broke.
At first I dumped it in my neighborhood dumpster, but thought it felt odd. Then concluded that this probably needs to be taken somewhere.
I stumbled across a hidden (well, to me it was hidden). Target store at a road that ended at an industrial waste area. There were homeless encampment near train tracks. It was fucking cool, and a location to consider come a future episode of my micro-series.

Earlier I was shopping for a new microwave. So I stopped off at K-Mart.
The K-Mart I shop at now isn't what it use to be. With a TON of parking spaces and a store that shares walls with Big Lots, this is a pretty sad sight. No one was there. I mean, there were a lot of people but not as many as that parking lot should hold. I suspect the chaos was last night. I looked at their pithy selection of microwaves and left.
A few miles later I ended up at the Target.
This is a remote one which seemed to cater to...the lower class of Van Nuys (as if there were a thing). I beelined to the electronics. Again, expecting a crowd, but seeing none. Just some stragglers of post-Thanksgiving shopping. It was not really a surprise that the pickings were slim. Everything in the small appliance section that had yellow tags for sale, were gone. From the corner of my eye I spotted a box. It was in the wrong location but around that area. The shelves were cluttered but the box was the small microwave I saw with a yellow tag. Except it wasn't where it should've been. Seems someone had moved it to a different area, perhaps saving it for when they came back. I snatched that fucker up and bolted out of there with so little human traffic (or interaction...self-checkout).
And thus ended my Black Friday (also had to go into the office to complete a project). What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment