Sunday, November 12, 2017

Losing Your Wallet

I lost my wallet. And with it my check card, my I.D. and a lot of personal information.
That's a bummer.
The bigger deal is. I don't have a local bank branch so I am without money for the next few days. Or am I?
The interesting thing about technology and what I bash and bitch about, is the ease of access. It also means someone else can access. In this case, tech has made it possible to never leave your home. Seriously. As I cancelled my card and ordered a new one, it doesn't mean I can't use my bank account. In fact, I can have Amazon deliver food to my door, pretty much within hours or days. Will I? Nah. It still rankles me to do things like that. But I did investigate into things like Google Wallet (which sponsors this blog) and a few other money managing applications.
As always, I feel like I sort of am behind in technology. Most people who shifted our world towards that are the guiding force in the future. I've learned my lesson, to at least shift where things need to be shifted. If only to make life easier.
Now I have to change all my automatic bill pay information. Which is the bigger hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment