Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sidetracked - Back To Health

Fuck, I really got sidetracked with the politics and news. Let me get back to why I wrote this. Which is, maintaining healthy body at 40 years old. Well, I just turned 40, so I only have three days of real knowledge.

Eating right is the name of the game now. I toss back fresh olives from the olive bar at grocery stores. Small slices of cheese. And I have salads now. I get fresh spinach and throw that in. For a flavorful dressing, it's sesame vinagrette. And a hard boiled egg. Salad shrimp is good too, but you can substitute with baked chicken. Speaking of which, the hot foods section at my grocery store sells baked bone in chicken. A breast yields me two salads worth. It's a really great deal. I noticed I felt a LOT more full with all of this, because it also takes me time to eat it. Yeah, it's boring. And you can't pour barbecue sauce on it. But as I mentioned in the past, it's about training your brain to crave healthier food than crap. Also, to clean out the kidneys I'm starting to mix cranberry juice in with my protein shake with a shot of orange juice for Vitamin C. You know what else is good? Sitting out in the sun to get your Vitamin D while you drink it. I think Vitamin D is a very undervalued supplement. And it's natural, and peps you up fast. Don't forget sunblock though.

No comments:

Post a Comment