Wednesday, March 4, 2015

It's A Process

A few months ago I contacted a location to do a photo shoot. A real simple offer of allowing me to shoot at this location for a few hours with minimal people. I'm talking four people at most. And I'd work under their schedule. Know what I heard back?
"No, we can't deal like that."

Dear L.A. FUCK YOU and your locations. The money tree for this town has gone to another city. They've taken their dough and ran. And what are you left with? Some drunken Armenian manager stumbling through a location pitch barely able to stand wondering where production has gone. I have to ask this fucking city...who is left here? They'd rather have the place not make any money for a pittance of time than have me pay them a few hundred for a few hours. Think about that...ZERO effort and the STILL turned it down. This is why people fucking hate L.A. to shoot in, and I hope to Christ when they shut that place down when the old fucker who owns it dies, you'd remember the people you turned away. Because production is sick and tired of having to negotiate deals which the rest of the country can be reasoned with. I don't mean to come up as cheap, but I do NOT make the money some of the ones who can afford a $10,000 a day location fee can do. Nor can a lot at my level. It's common sense. The people you help today MAY be the people who make a dent later. In other words, when I do have a big project guess who I'm going to tell to go fuck themselves? I sometimes hate being here. If for the sole reason of getting shit done.

No comments:

Post a Comment