Thursday, March 26, 2015

Germanwing Flight Co-Pilot Intentionally Crashed Plane

Here's the only thing you should know about this crash: You are not in complete control of the world. Sometimes crazy people are.

When I was younger I use to think I could make things happen for me if I did more. Or I put myself out there more. Or people would see y genius if I made enough noise.

Fuck that shit.

That's the mindset of the 149 people on that plane. That you could change the course of your life if you took action. Only one was bat shit and took them and their supposed control of their lives into the French Alps. You want to see instant result, there it is. From I gathered from the news, the pilot had taken a break out of the cockpit, when the co-pilot, Andrea Lubitz took over the controls. Having returned to the door of cockpit, it was locked. And a sudden shift made it clear they were descending. Fast. According to the black box, there were banging on the door to the cockpit, and dials and switches were still being tinkered with (implying someone was still at the controls...and operating calmly, in case we thought the guy had passed out). Screams and knocking for roughly 8 minutes. Can you imagine yourself doing this? I can barely type for five without getting winded.

So, a terrorist-proof door works one way, but...not the other. AND, that 3" door width was all that separated you from death. Seems incredibly cheap now. Seems even more devastating that confusion would be the last thing the passengers felt before the final outcome.

I think we like to think we can cross our T's & dot our I's and nothing will happen. But, I would say, in terms of living your life to the fullest with the least amount of stress and anger, make everyday count. Make every minute count. I don't think any of us would want to be in that situation feeling we had more to life on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment