Monday, March 30, 2015

3:30AM Studio City, CA Pavilions Supermarket


The place was empty. My favorite time of the morning. When I pick out food to eat for the day. Fortunately this Vons Supermarket was open 24 hours. Unfortunately, the only ones doing checkout are Russians who speak very little English and are pissed you pull them from stock duties.

I'm in checkout line with my morning groceries. In line in front of me, a middle aged woman dressed like a teenage, with a tight t-shirt, covering fake tits.You could tell since women that age don't have tits that solid, no matter how much she arched her back. She seemed like a broken down groupie. We're the only ones there. So a lot of uncomfortable silence as I stared at her items and she mine, probably getting a bead on who we are in life.

She had strange various items on the belt. Dog food, paper towels, a palette of Gatorade. At this hour, it's probably someone's assistant out on a run. OR craft services filling out bits and pieces, since CBS was nearby. She'd mentioned that her "company card" may not work, since it was new, and was apologetic. She mumbled something about having a really bad week. To which I responded "week's just started." She turned, smiled and said "yeah, but I've been going pretty hard up to this point. It's just bad" Even worse through her botox'd lips. I just said "well, it could only get better, right?" To which she just nodded. She seemed really sad. I'm just wondering how a person goes through life already waiting for bad things to happen to them.

She bid me a good day, and disappeared into the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment