Saturday, March 7, 2015

Acupuncture Works

Man, did I feel nauseous the day I drove home Thursday. I was so sick and dizzy I had to lay down. When I "came to" I still had this pain at the base of my neck. I could blame a lot of things on this, but it's more than likely a residual effect of being dehydrated mixed with too much caffeine, mixed with sleeping wrong. So I made an appointment with an acupuncture place.

The place I go to is a communal place. There isn't really personal service per se, but they do do consultation. I'd mentioned stomach pains, terrible headaches, neck aches...he finally had to stop me and just tell me that I should just get a full body rejuvenation. It's a quiet room they put you in. He put a few needles on my legs, then wrist, palms and interweb of my thumb and forefinger. The slight jabs did illicit pain. I gritted my teeth and he continued. Slowly the slight pin aches start to wash away. You actually feel blood flow changing and a sense of euphoria. At a certain point the guy leaves and you're left with your thoughts. You slowly start to fade into a deep...I guess what I can describe as semi-conscious feeling. You still feel the energy of the needles sticking in you, but it's replaced by this feeling of small jolts of energy. I got the sense that blood rescinds to those areas and clears up a lot of clogged tension points. I think we all hold in a lot. So it releases this feeling. I allowed my stomach to relax, as it's been tense lately.

About 40-50 minutes later he comes back in and removes the needles. The feeling is...content. Refreshed. Light. In other words...I forgot the sharp pain in my spine. It was great. A feeling that last a few hours to a few days (as it is the next day, and I still feel lightheaded but better).

I don't normally believe in this stuff. But it's hard to dispute results.

No comments:

Post a Comment