Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Buying Motion Picture Camera Gear Part 2

"I'm willing to pay X amount for your motion picture film camera. Because it's all I can get my hands on."

"I can offer it to you for Y"

"No, I only have X amount. I can't get anymore. Check it out, here's a listing online for an updated version of that camera for less than what you want to go."

"I'll ask management"

A day later

"Y is the lowest they'll go on that camera. Feel free to come by and take a look."

Thinking to myself: Did I not just say X is all I can spend? Is this dude fucking with me?

"It's worth a try" I write back "Maybe when he's tired of it sitting in your warehouse collecting dust, we can renegotiate. But I want you to understand, the next price will be Z."

Fuck them.


No comments:

Post a Comment