Friday, March 27, 2015

Keeler, California

Population: 66
Not joking. This is where I found a train depot. Unfortunately it has no tracks. So I'm fucked. The list of others it doesn't have:
stores
hotels
restaurants
city hall
hope

Shit it does have:
Scorpions
dust
busted ass buildings
lowfalutin

I'd actually try to shoot here, if it had tracks that ran nowhere. But I'm looking for an out of the way  train depot. Not, straight-up-dead town.

Also, who would I call to get permission to shoot. With my luck this town would probably have a film commission that would require fire fighters (non-existent), police (non-existent) and building inspector (non-existent). In short, the town would be huddled around this place.

I'm a bit afraid to even breach the subject, because in a town of 99% white and 1% other, a band of gypies shooting a movie may come off as "highfalutin" What with our GYM shoes and haircuts. How much further can I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment