Wednesday, March 18, 2015

No Distinguishable Trait In Movies

I think we're at a point now where we can't really see a director's mark in movies. The only person I can think of who remotely stands out is Quentin Tarantino. The rest could be shuffled around like mah jong tiles. Tony Scott, my hero, passed away. He's be the other one where if I saw a trailer for his movie, I could tell it was him. Same for Wes Anderson.

Who is left? No one. That's sad. There is no unique voice. And maybe the industry doesn't want it. Case in point James Wan is "directing" the new "Fast 7" movie. Directing? Really? How much louder could you "direct" Groo to scream out that he lives a quarter mile at a time?

I hate going to movies for this reason. Just no real distinguishable difference. Everyone is interchangeable OR inter-related. Chris Pratt could play some smart aleck space jockey, OR a smart aleck dinosaur tamer. OR...I dunno.

This shit is so dead. There just is NO room for style anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment