Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Arriflex BL-3

So I finally bought a 35mm sync sound film camera.

The price of a new Arriflex BL3 camera during its heyday was well over $100,000. Look it up. It's crazy. I got it for a fraction of that cost.

Introduced in the 1980's that could've bought two houses in a pretty decent neighborhood (in the 80's anyway). It really gets me thinking about what people consider valuable or trash. I mean, the camera hasn't changed. And it's shot MAJOR motion pictures. So why the newest and the best? I couldn't tell you. I bought a still film camera a few years back. People had switched to digital many moons ago. That camera is still the system that shot super models and hot cars. Still have a few loyal followers and users. Yet...it's consider to some as "bulky and obsolete." Man...where did we fuck this up?

No comments:

Post a Comment