Friday, October 20, 2017

Women Of A Certain Age..

..aren't funny.
Seriously. Girls I grew up with who use to crack my shit up...are really unfunny now. Like, they weren't gut busting hilarity then, but they are REAL angry women now. Nothing is fair (which is life). Nothing is good enough (which is life) and you can never make them happy (which is life).
On top of all that, they marry dudes who are...tepid tea, at best. What we use to call Caspar Milquetoast. So frightened to offend or laugh or whatever. I get it.

As I reached my 40's less things became about dodging death, and more about preventing death. Which I still find time to crack wise about. Women's humor is...well, it's just boring stuff. Their periods, men they slept with and hate...how odd they are, or we are. Hmm...kinda...whatever.
But I started noticing how earnest women around me are. Like they can't kid around. I have friends who annoy the shit out of me by being too "on." So, I guess in relative space, being "semi-on" would be just as bad.
I think they also bear a lot of responsibilities at this point too. Most have children and find humor in their kids (which no one's kid is that funny, seriously, stop saying your kids are funny, they're annoying. You're annoying).
Maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment