Saturday, October 14, 2017

Movies Are Bad....

The last batch of movies I've seen are horrid. I mean, dumpster bad. But somehow they rated a good on a rating site I think it complete garbage. Actually they all are. In fact, critics are. It seems the more critics put their hat into the game, the worse movies have gotten. Either their trying to tip the meter in their favor by making movies no critic can hate (my mom died of AIDS on a nature hike) or that they just make "safe movies."
"mother!" was no safe movie. But this generation is so retarded their idea of a movie is a bunch of Atari logos flashing in front of them. As was foretold in "Idiocracy" we are at "Butt: The Movie."

It never dawned on me the side until I got my Movie Pass. For $10 a month...no fucking kidding, you can go to a movie a day at the theater. You pretty much go to one you paid it off. Bad ass deal. Until I searched through the movies at the theater. They are HORRENDOUS. Without getting into "plot" we are completely dead of ideas. The last great lasting movie I think I saw was "Get Out" (prior to "!mother") It was original, interesting, and crafted so well. It's no surprise it grew legs, then wings, then soared,

Again Hollywood with the formula. I saw a trailer for a few comic movies and got ill. They are not remotely interesting. They are different versions of "Mortal Kombat." This guy versus that guy versus this animal. Jesus Christ. Yes, it makes money. And I get you need it to make real movies, but those days when people took time to police a script are dead and gone. The source is now funny book. It was a surprise to see "Murder On The Orient Express" a remake, kinda. But maybe (hopefully) going back to the Agatha Christie source material. The original was fantastic who-done-it Fun even if you knew the ending. That's a tricky movie to accomplish.

My guess? We don't have the patience for anything anymore. As I typed this I lost interest in going to the movies today. It's just too much of a grind sitting in the dark to watch a ton of trailers and a subpar movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment