Monday, March 7, 2016

When Profiling Works...And Then Doesn't

Straight from my hometown again...Cincinnati, OH
A man was walking with a cup of coffee when he was trailed by a cop on a bike. A few minutes later, the man turns around and confronts the police officer. "What your problem?" is the first thing that comes out of his mouth.

Needless to say, they detain him and remove a small bit of weed on him. Nothing arrest worth, just...he's got contraband on him.

What bugs me about this story is a) he was profiled, but found to be committing a crime. Did profiling work? Yes. Does profiling Black men work? Here's proof. Is it chickenshit...yep. Welcome to fucking America. Why is it that this dude felt he was being profiled for just being Black? Cops don't make money on kicking around Black young men. They do it sitting at a stop light where there is heavy traffic waiting for speeders. Because if you can speed you have a car, if you have a car, you have some money. Money they can take.

In this case, this dumbshit got busted for weed. And now he was to face the system. For what? Nothing. Instantly, this clown starts recording the exchange.  For what purpose? To claim assault by cops. Never mind he was also filming two crimes he was committing. Forget the fact that he has an arrest record. And yet, there are people CONVINCED he is the victim.

I was labeled by some random idiot that I was a police bootlickin' enabler. That I'm a coward for not standing up to police brutality (supposed). Uh huh. Dumbfuck...I don't want to be fucking arrested. It sucks, sucks, sucks. I've been through the system with vehicle violations and it is AWFUL! Who are these assholes with time on their hands to jeopardize their jobs, house, family, for...bravery against police regardless of the fact that I was caught committing a crime. NO ONE in their right mind would consider this sane.

So that's where we are in America. We really want cops to be cool parents. Have our friends drink at your home and whatnot. I hope it doesn't go down that road. We're already pretty screwed with what they can or can't do. In this case, even when they are doing their job, they get shat on. And I'm not a fucking police apologist. I get it. When I was booked that one time, every cop looked at me like I was a criminal waiting to get beaten with a baton if I sneezed funny (love ya' L.A.P.D.) Just keep your ass out of the system. I'm trying to KEEP you guys out of jail. It fucking sucks. And no one seems to understand this until they're thrown in. And then where is your pride and...bravery? Good luck going through life like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment