Thursday, March 24, 2016

Jury Doodie

Can't talk much about it, except as with most things with the shitbag city of L.A. our system is clogged again.

As you've read, I've never had much faith in the law. The cops are in the business to be in the business. They pull over people who could actually generate revenue. When you get into criminal world, the issue is that they're privatizing incarceration. Crime & punishment becomes a business, where have we seen that before? Oh right..."RoboCop" (1987).

The halls of justice downtown is very intimidating. The Stanley Mosk building is one big marble floor. The doors are straight from my inner city elementary school. The place is really old and meant to inhabit dread. Oppressive fluorescent lighting just presses on your brain. It's meant to punish everyone involve. No wonder lawyers look so stressed. They're being bombarded with square waves. All business, just the facts.

The stories people tell are...so very sad. I walk by the family law area which is REALLY sad. Families just huddled together, the last grasp at unity. The line for that room (or department as listed) went down the very very long hallway. Almost to the street. Hell in real life.

The time I was sitting outside, a Black guy got into some altercation which required sheriff's to cuff him. I watched with interest, considering he looked like a man whose children were taken from him (most likely from a "motherfuckin' bitch!"). I feel bad for a guy who feels that much love. Maybe it's the wrong place to mention this, but my own child I didn't want to put up that type of fight. Not that I didn't want to be involve. Only that I was so removed from the mother, it seemed better off not to keep involving me. I think too much pride can mess with everyone. Do I regret this decision. No. Neither did she. I feel that my life wasn't in a place where properly supporting a child (emotionally anyway) was within my means. My own life is very selfish. And living in Los Angeles is a killer. Every time I walk past family law, it reminds me how awful it could really get.

People can be harsh to one another. And if you're reduced to paperwork, it's soul crushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment